Chevrolet and Olympia Entertainment today announced an expansion of their partnership making Chevrolet the official vehicle of the all-new Little Caesars Arena. Chevrolet has been the official vehicle of the Detroit Red Wings since 2015.
Home to the Detroit Red Wings, other sports and entertainment events, concerts, family shows and community functions, the new arena will open ahead of the 2017-2018 hockey season and is expected to offer an exceptional viewing experience for sporting and music events.
“We have enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the Detroit Red Wings and it was an honor for Chevrolet to celebrate the historic final season with the team and the fans at Joe Louis Arena,” said Paul Edwards, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet Marketing. “We look forward to continuing to support the Red Wings and the revitalization of our hometown, the City of Detroit, as a landmark partner in the new Little Caesars Arena — a perfect complement to our partnership with the Detroit Tigers and presence at Comerica Park.”
Chevrolet’s imprint on Little Caesars Arena will be evident throughout, with branding of the northeast entrance along Detroit’s famous Woodward Avenue, as well as the Chevrolet Plaza, the distinctive event space on the west side of the arena that will feature a giant video screen and concert and community programming throughout the year. Chevrolet nameplates will be incorporated into unique and unexpected displays, and the brand’s signature bowtie will be showcased in several key locations including one of four in-ice partners.
“We are delighted to expand our partnership with Chevrolet, one of the most recognizable, respected brands in the world,” said Tom Wilson, president and CEO of Olympia Entertainment. “Adding another Detroit-based name to Little Caesars Arena is a significant point of pride, and one our fans will enthusiastically embrace.”
In addition to its partnership with the Detroit Red Wings, Chevrolet is also the official vehicle of several other Ilitch companies, including the Detroit Tigers, the Fox Theatre and Olympia Entertainment. Red Wings forward and NHL All-Star Dylan Larkin also serves as a Chevrolet brand ambassador.
Little Caesars Arena
Construction of Little Caesars Arena is on track for a September 2017 opening.
Exciting features of the new facility include:
- A dramatic bowl incline with great sightlines that place fans closer to the action.
- Increased pregame and postgame entertainment opportunities with expanded access to restaurants and gathering locations connected to The District Detroit, a new world-class sports and entertainment development revitalizing 50 blocks around the arena.
- All-inclusive club spaces with enhanced luxury and amenities, parking and food and drink options.
- State-of-the-art technology that includes Wi-Fi capabilities with greater bandwidth, mobile ticketing, wayfinding, high-definition video, stunning acoustic sound and smartphone mobile applications that will take you from street to seat.
- The Via Concourse, an indoor street-style shopping and dining experience surrounding the arena bowl that will be highly active on game nights and open to the community all year round.
- The Chevrolet Plaza, an outdoor urban plaza that will regularly host music and entertainment and serve as a signature new public gathering place in Detroit.
The District Detroit is one of the largest sports and entertainment developments in the country. Located in the heart of Detroit, this 50-block, mixed-use development led by the Ilitch organization unites six world-class theaters, five neighborhoods and three professional sports venues in one vibrant, walkable destination for people who want to live, work and play in an exciting urban environment. Home to the Detroit Tigers, Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Pistons and Detroit Lions, The District Detroit represents the greatest density of professional sports teams in one downtown core in the country. Learn more at www.DistrictDetroit.com.