A new era in performance
In 1966, Chevrolet introduced the world to Camaro and a love affair was born. Now, after 50 years of pushing the envelope, advanced performance technology, meticulous design and engineering mastery come together in the sixth-generation Camaro. With refinements that can be seen in every sculpted body line, felt in every turn, and heard in the roar of the four available powertrains, the sixth-generation Camaro will help you become one with the road.
Sculpted to perfection
Built around a smaller, lighter architecture than the previous generation, the 2017 Camaro sports car takes full advantage of its tighter proportions with more responsive braking, better attack in and out of corners, and more nimble performance.
The smaller, more athletic sixth-generation Camaro also features a fastback profile and more pronounced quarter panels, creating a road presence that’s hard to ignore.
Tested and perfected
From the wider opening and precise draft angle of the grille, to the roof’s striking “reverse Mohawk” channel, to the available lift-reducing stanchion spoiler, the design of every surface and edge was scrutinized during extensive wind tunnel testing until it helped improve airflow and performance.
Drivers, take your seat
Premium materials. Rich textures. Tailored stitching. Refinement comes standard inside a cockpit optimized for performance driving. The sharpened styling of this sports car includes:
- Rotating HVAC dials that replace extra dash buttons for quicker, intuitive climate control
- A center console layout with dual cup holders and ample storage yet exceptional ergonomics for shifting
- The leather-wrapped (available heated) flat-bottom steering wheel that allows extra room for knees during maneuvers
- An available 8-inch touch-screen radio
- An available reconfigurable instrument cluster that displays key performance and vehicle info
- Seating with aggressive bolsters and available heating/ventilation that boosts comfort and provides support when experiencing g forces
Interior spectrum lighting
Available on Camaro 2LT and standard on Camaro 2SS, interior spectrum lighting lets drivers select one of 24 colors to course around the radio, door trim and cup holders, giving off an ambient glow. The color spectrum reacts to changes in drive mode, or you can select “show mode” to trigger a pulsing, full-color light show
Open roads, meet open sky
The Camaro Convertible offers the same roof line as the Camaro Coupe with a fully automatic soft-top that seamlessly disappears beneath the hard tonneau cover with the push of a single button – even at speeds up to 30 mph. And with modular underbody bracing, you’ll experience the same sharp, nimble handling as the Coupe.