Toyota to Unveil GR HV SPORTS concept at Tokyo Motor Show 2017
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) is set to unveil the GR HV SPORTS concept car at its worldwide premiere at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017*, taking place from October 25 through November 5 at Tokyo Big Sight. The GR HV SPORTS concept represents a new way to enjoy cars by integrating the thrill of a sports car with the environmental friendliness of an eco-car.
- The design is reminiscent of TOYOTA GAZOO Racing’s TS050 Hybrid racing car that competes in the World Endurance Championship (WEC).
- Features a targa top that was also used for Toyota’s legendary convertible sports cars, the Toyota Sports 800 (a.k.a. Yotahachi) and the Supra
- Powered by THS-R (Toyota Hybrid System-Racing) that is infused with hybrid technology refined by the TS050 Hybrid
- While completely embodying functionality as a genuine sports car, the GR HV SPORTS concept features LED headlights, aluminum wheels, and a rear diffuser similar to the TS050 Hybrid. The design evokes Toyota’s bond with motor sports.
- The matte black body color expresses power and aggressiveness.
- A selection switch to choose the automatic gear position is located in the center cluster to achieve a racing car-like ambience.
- The push button ignition switch is playfully located on the shift knob.
- Drivers can delight in the performance of THS-R in a genuine sports car while experiencing a sense of freedom thanks to the targa top.
- Switching to manual mode is possible with the single press of a button, and 6-speed manual-style driving with H-pattern shifting can be enjoyed (the car is an automatic).
- The hybrid battery is mounted near the center of vehicle. Installing the heavy battery in the center contributes to improved performance as a sports car.
|GR HV SPORTS concept||4,395||1,805||1,280||Front engine, rear-wheel-drive||2|