Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) is set to unveil the GR HV SPORTS concept car at its worldwide premiere at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017*, taking place from October 25 through November 5 at Tokyo Big Sight. The GR HV SPORTS concept represents a new way to enjoy cars by integrating the thrill of a sports car with the environmental friendliness of an eco-car.
- The design is reminiscent of TOYOTA GAZOO Racing’s TS050 Hybrid racing car that competes in the World Endurance Championship (WEC).
- Features a targa top that was also used for Toyota’s legendary convertible sports cars, the Toyota Sports 800 (a.k.a. Yotahachi) and the Supra
- Powered by THS-R (Toyota Hybrid System-Racing) that is infused with hybrid technology refined by the TS050 Hybrid
- While completely embodying functionality as a genuine sports car, the GR HV SPORTS concept features LED headlights, aluminum wheels, and a rear diffuser similar to the TS050 Hybrid. The design evokes Toyota’s bond with motor sports.
- The matte black body color expresses power and aggressiveness.
- A selection switch to choose the automatic gear position is located in the center cluster to achieve a racing car-like ambience.
- The push button ignition switch is playfully located on the shift knob.
- Drivers can delight in the performance of THS-R in a genuine sports car while experiencing a sense of freedom thanks to the targa top.
- Switching to manual mode is possible with the single press of a button, and 6-speed manual-style driving with H-pattern shifting can be enjoyed (the car is an automatic).
- The hybrid battery is mounted near the center of vehicle. Installing the heavy battery in the center contributes to improved performance as a sports car.
|GR HV SPORTS concept||4,395||1,805||1,280||Front engine, rear-wheel-drive||2|